November 30, 2010
FREE PICKS : CALL ME FOR THE FREE PICK ON THIS GAME 516-852-4502
Illinois Fighting Illini at Fresno State Bulldogs
Friday December 3, 2010 10:15 PM EST
Line: Illinois -5.5
Illinois has struggled in their last 3 games as they are 1-2. They took advantage of a hurt Northwestern team 2 weeks ago with a 48-27 win on the road. Fresno State took advantage of a traveling Idaho team last weekend with a 23-20 win.
Stats to consider:
Illinois Fighting Illini:
- Illinois is 6-5 with a 4-4 Big Ten record.
- They are 2-2 on the road.
- Points against per game: 24.2 (53rd)
- Points for per game: 32.9 (29th)
- Passing yards a game: 149.1 (112th)
- Rushing yards a game: 235.5 (13th)
Fresno State Bulldogs:
- The Bulldogs are 7-4 with a 5-3 WAC record.
- They are 4-2 at home.
- Points against per game: 29.7 (82nd)
- Points for per game: 30.5 (44th)
- Passing yards a game: 206.2 (68th)
- Rushing yards a game: 165.8 (43rd)
What to watch for:
- Illinois Junior RB Mikel Leshoure has rushed for 1,371 yards and 13 TDs. He has 175 receiving yards and 3 TDs. Just last week Leshoure rushed for 330 yards and a TD.
- Illinois Freshman QB Nathan Scheelhaase has passed for 1,522 yards 16 TDs and 8 Ints. He has also rushed for 684 yards and another TD.
- Bulldogs Sophomore RB Robbie Rouse has rushed for 1,097 yards and 8 TDs. He broke his hand a 2 weeks ago but played with the injury last week and rushed 12 times for 83 yards, a 6.9 average.
- Fresno Senior QB Ryan Colburn has thrown for 2,225 yards 18 TDs and 9 Ints. Colburn has thrown 0 TDs and 2 Ints in the last 2 weeks combined.
This is a tough football pick. Illinois has been playing pretty good football as of late even with 2 loses in 3 weeks. Both loses were by 4 points or less, and one was on the road. Fresno State got pounced on by Boise State 2 weeks ago 51-0 in Boise. They didn’t bounce back the way they would have liked to but got the win. With Robbie Rouse possibly hindered by a broken hand, I think that Illinois can get it done. They also have the better defense which could be the difference in this game.
Free College Football Pick: Illinois -5.5