December 31, 2010
FREE PICKS : CALL ME FOR THE FREE PICK ON THIS GAME 516-852-4502
Tostitos Fiesta Bowl
UConn Huskies vs #7 Oklahoma Sooners
Saturday January 1, 2010 8:30 PM EST
Line: Oklahoma -16
UConn finished their season on a 5 game winning streak. They did not play a ranked opponent all year and are in for a big test vs a tough Oklahoma team. Oklahoma won their final 4 games, 2 of which were vs ranked opponents.
Stats to consider:
- UConn is 8-4.
- Points for per game: 26.9 (62nd)
- Points against per game: 19.8 (23rd)
- Passing yards a game: 145.1 (112th)
- Rushing yards a game: 179.9 (31st)
- Oklahoma is 11-2.
- Points for per game: 36.4 (17th)
- Points against per game: 21.9 (35th)
- Passing yards a game: 336.8 (4th)
- Rushing yards a game: 141.3 (76th)
What to watch for:
- UConn Junior RB Jordan Todman has rushed for 1,574 yards and 14 TDs.
- Sooners Sophomore QB Landry Jones has thrown for 4,289 yards 35 TDs and 14 Ints. His main target has been Junior WR Ryan Broyles who leads the team with 118 catches 1,452 yards and 13 TDs.
- Sooners Senior RB DeMarco Murray has rushed for 1,121 yards and 14 TDs. He has 69 catches for 595 yards and 5 TDs.
This is one of the easiest sports picks of the week. Oklahoma is by far the better team. Not only that, but they have actually been tested this year as they have played 5 ranked opponents compared to UConn’s 0. UConn is all about the running game, and if the Sooners can shut down RB Jordan Todman, UConn will struggle putting any points on the board.
Free College Football Pick: Oklahoma -16