February 28, 2011
FREE PICKS : CALL ME FOR THE FREE PICK ON THIS GAME 516-852-4502
#14 Villanova Wildcats at #9 Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Monday February 28, 2011 7:00 PM EST
Line: Notre Dame -5
Nova has now lost 4 of their last 6, including losing 2 straight. They are 7-3 on the road with a 3-6 record vs ranked opponents. Notre Dame has now won 9 of their last 10, and could easily work themselves into a #2 seed in the NCAA tourney. They are 16-0 at home with a 4-2 record vs ranked opponents.
Stats to consider:
- Nova is 21-8 with a 9-7 Big East record.
- Points per game: 73.7 (59th)
- Field Goal PCT: .441 (150th)
- Rebounds per game: 38.2 (36th)
- Assists per game: 14.2 (87th)
Notre Dame Fighting Irish:
- Notre Dame is 23-5 wit a 12-4 Big East record.
- Points per game: 75.1 (40th)
- Field Goal PCT: .459 (66th)
- Rebounds per game: 37.3 (63rd)
- Assists per game: 16.5 (15th)
What to watch for:
- Nova Senior G Corey Fisher leads the team with 15.5 PPG and 5 APG.
- Nova Senior F Antonio Pena leads the team with 7.5 RPG and also has 10 PPG.
- Irish Senior G Ben Hansbrough leads the team with 18 PPG and 4 APG.
- Irish Senior F Carleton Scott leads the team with 7.3 RPG and also has 11.4 PPG.
Sports picks tend to look at past records. Nova has lost 6 of their 9 games vs ranked opponents. They do own 1 road win over a ranked opponent, 83-72 over #3 Syracuse. Notre Dame has been one of the hottest teams in the nation, and have not lost a home game this season.